Mr. Tong is a renowned educationalist in Hong Kong. He graduated from HKU with a B.A.(Hon) degree in Mathematics in 1968, and obtained the Post-Grad. Certificate of Education in 1973. Mr. Tong also obtained the Diploma in Management Studies (CUHK) in 1983, followed by the Diploma in Public Administration (UC Berkeley, USA) in 1987.
Work Experience :
Education Department (1968 – 2002)
- Apart from his school teaching duties as Assistant Education Officer from 1968 to 1973, Mr. Tong served as Education Officer, Principal Education Officer, and Senior Assistant Director of the Education Department in HK, mainly responsible for Education Administration, Planning & Research, Information Systems, School Development etc. In 1998 Mr. Tong was promoted to Deputy Director, responsible for ED Reform, Policies & Curriculum Development, and Quality Assurance until his retirement in 2002.
SKH Tsang Shiu Tim Secondary School
- From 2002 to 2007, Mr. Tong served as Principal of SKH Tsang Shiu Tim Secondary School.
Amity Foundation, Hong Kong
- Mr. Tong is currently the Executive Director of the Amity Foundation, Hong Kong
Volunteer Work :
- School Supervisor, Ma On Shan Holy Spirit School
- School Supervisor, St. Mark’s Primary School
- School Board Chairman, Li Po Chun United World College